We have a few canonical questions on this site, i.e., questions that are often used as a target of duplicate closure or were even specifically designed for this purpose. What are they? Are there any non-obvious use cases?
Graduate Admission and Studies
- How should I deal with becoming discouraged as a graduate student?
- How does the admissions process work for Ph.D. programs in the US, particularly for weak or borderline students?
- Graduate school admission with a degree in a different field
- I've been admitted to multiple PhD programs, how should I choose between them?
- University rank/stature - How much does it affect one's career post-Ph.D?
- Is doing two PhDs a good path?
Publications and Conferences
- When should a supervisor be an author?
- Does one need to be affiliated with a university to publish papers?
- How do you judge the quality of a journal?
- What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- Is my paper under review (or similar) for too long and if yes, how should I react?
- Can I predict the fate of my manuscript (from information other than a decision letter)?
Predatory Publishers, Conferences, and Services
Questions asking for the reputability of an individual publisher are not suited for this site due to being shopping questions. However, instead of closing them as such, they can be closed as duplicate of one of the following, which will give the asker sufficient guidance to answer the question themselves.
- How do I identify predatory and low quality journals? With Beall's List gone, how can I tell if a journal is spam?
- How can I determine whether a conference is reputable?
- Should I pay for a certificate showing the quality of my manuscript before I submit it to a journal?
- How should I phrase an important question that I need to ask a professor?
- How to effectively deal with Imposter Syndrome and feelings of inadequacy: "I've somehow convinced everyone that I'm actually good at this"
Feel free to edit this answer to improve it. Please edit this answer instead of posting another answer.