Long time CS Professor who studied Mathematics. Dr. Buffy if you want to be formal. Not a dog, but not as cute as my avatar either.
Actually Erdős-3, but that was mostly through the efforts of others. I think I must have a finite Bacon number, but can't verify it. Again, the efforts of others, primarily.
Member for 2 years, 9 months
63 profile views
Last seen Mar 23 at 18:43
- Academia 120.5k 120.5k 2626 gold badges374374 silver badges502502 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 29.2k 29.2k 99 gold badges4747 silver badges9292 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 259 259 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 231 231 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 213 213 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 265 Grades are too high for the department - what should I do?
- 221 In a yes/no question, student gives the right answer and a unnecessary but wrong explanation. How to grade?
- 196 How honest should I be in disclosing not-so-exciting results?
- 195 Etiquette question: is there such a thing as accepting an offer 'too early'?
- 169 Is it better to lie to students or to be pedantic when teaching Intro CS?
- 155 How bad is a Computer Science course that doesn't teach Design Patterns?
- 146 Should students have access to past exams or an exam bank?
- View more network posts →