I have a Ph.D. in organic chemistry focusing on the synthesis and structure-property relationships of sequenced conjugated oligomers and polymers. I am an Associate Professor of Chemistry at Frostburg State University where my research projects with undergraduates focus on biorenewable chemistry, conjugated molecules as chemosensors, and analysis of volatile organics in foods and beverages by GCMS.
I currently serve as Chair of the Faculty at Frostburg State University, and I am co-liaison for FSU's participation in the inaugural cohort of the Excellence in Academic Advising project from NACADA and the Gardner Institute. I have completed the Microsoft Professional Program in Data Science, and my professional interests are shifting toward applications of data analytics and machine learning in student success and retention.
Frostburg, MD, United States
Member for 7 years, 10 months
5 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 '17 at 3:13
- Chemistry 37.8k 37.8k 77 gold badges9797 silver badges158158 bronze badges
- Academia 8.4k 8.4k 2525 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Mathematics 294 294 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 136 136 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Area 51 134 134 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 50 Can hot food ever emit x-rays or gamma rays?
- 48 Regioselectivity of acid-catalyzed ring-opening of epoxides
- 42 How do I figure out the hybridization of a particular atom in a molecule?
- 39 Why is methane's molecular formula conventionally "CH₄", while water is "H₂O" (among others)?
- 38 What are "fake", "shady", and/or "predatory" journals?
- 36 How can I predict if a reaction will occur between any two (or more) substances?
- 36 What would be the effect of the addition of an inert gas to a reaction at equilibrium?
- View more network posts →