I am a researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in Bonn, Germany. Previously I was a postdoc at Brandeis University, a graduate student at Rice University, and an undergraduate at SUNY Geneseo, all in the USA. I spent most of my life pre-college in Kolkata, India.
Member for 8 years, 11 months
18 profile views
Last seen May 31 '20 at 15:40
- Academia 19.3k 19.3k 1414 gold badges4545 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.5k 1.5k 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 806 806 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 594 594 66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 153 153 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 593 How should I deal with becoming discouraged as a graduate student?
- 261 How to effectively deal with Imposter Syndrome and feelings of inadequacy: "I've somehow convinced everyone that I'm actually good at this"
- 230 If you know a family member who is much more qualified and capable in mathematics than you are, should find another field of specialisation?
- 100 How to effectively deal with Imposter Syndrome and feelings of inadequacy: "I've somehow convinced everyone that I'm actually good at this"
- 51 I graduated last year and my advisor passed away unexpectedly soon after. What should I do now for subsequent academic job searches?
- 37 Is it true that 'nice' professors fail to produce good students?
- 37 How do I know if I am truly prepared for graduate school in mathematics?
- View more network posts →