I am a fan of the trilogy, which contains masterpieces such as Isle of Everywhere. The album “You” was ranked by Rolling Stones as 38th best prog rock album of all times. I also quite like some later percussion-oriented albums, as such Time is the Key.
For good measure I'm also a fan of the Gong-inspired band Ozric Tentacles, of jazz-fusion style (see this clip of "Stratus" by Billy Cobham), some of the work by Steve Reich (especially Music for 18 Musicians) and vocal music of Ockenghem, Josquin des Prez or Thomas Tallis .
My avatar is a picture of a creature from Planet Gong.
Member for 3 years, 1 month
3 profile views
Last seen Feb 21 at 22:34
- Physics 33.7k 33.7k 1616 gold badges4141 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Academia 11.2k 11.2k 1919 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Travel 947 947 33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Mathematics 494 494 55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematica 349 349 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 102 Can photons be detected without being absorbed?
- 87 Is a request to book a business flight ticket for a graduate student an unreasonable one?
- 69 Why should a P.I be motivated to write a strong LOR even if that means losing a undergraduate from his/her lab?
- 61 Why does a calculation to count objects covering a certain area seem to give nonsensical units?
- 53 Is it appropriate to email a professor with a simpler solution than the one she provided?
- 52 Can I contact the referee if I know their identity after a double-blind reviewing process?
- 48 Can a mathematical proof replace experimentation?
- View more network posts →