I'm currently working in CMU's Software Engineering Institute, in the CERT division, leading a team of data scientists doing applied cybersecurity research. I've worn a number of hats in the past, including computational neuroscientist, healthcare technical manager, financial quant, freelance web developer, and IT consultant. I find writing therapeutic; you can read my musings on my blog. Most articles relate to technical management, with the occasional technical discussion. I also find poi spinning to be a pretty awesome hobby as well.
You can learn more about me on my LinkedIn page. Feel free to contact me about anything and everything at eykanal at erikdev dot com.
- Academia♦ 45.2k 45.2k 1616 gold badges107107 silver badges208208 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 22.1k 22.1k 1515 gold badges6969 silver badges103103 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.4k 4.4k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Physical Fitness 1.5k 1.5k 1111 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 869 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 187 Shell script "for" loop syntax
- 172 "I've somehow convinced everyone that I'm actually good at this" - how to effectively deal with Imposter Syndrome
- 171 Does the ternary operator exist in R?
- 140 Progress bar in VBA Excel
- 138 GIT commit as different user without email / or only email
- 136 How to stop hopping the learning chain and actually begin somewhere?
- View more network posts →