I'm currently working in CMU's Software Engineering Institute, in the CERT division, leading a team of data scientists doing applied cybersecurity research. I've worn a number of hats in the past, including computational neuroscientist, healthcare technical manager, financial quant, freelance web developer, and IT consultant. I find writing therapeutic; you can read my musings on my blog. Most articles relate to technical management, with the occasional technical discussion. I also find poi spinning to be a pretty awesome hobby as well.
You can learn more about me on my LinkedIn page. Feel free to contact me about anything and everything at eykanal at erikdev dot com.
Top Network Posts
- 813 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 166 Shell script "for" loop syntax
- 151 Does the ternary operator exist in R?
- 139 "I've somehow convinced everyone that I'm actually good at this" - how to effectively deal with Imposter Syndrome
- 134 How to stop hopping the learning chain and actually begin somewhere?
- 128 Progress bar in VBA Excel
- 127 None of 25 students at question session before exam has a question. What should lecturer do?
- View more network posts →