Mostly retired mathematician trying to help where I can: soft questions, elementary number theory, philosophy (differentials and infinitesimals), algebra newbies.
In TeX I tend to try to answer my own questions myself (often with ugly hacks!) so don't ask many here. As an answerer I'm better at do-it-outside-TeX and at helping newbies with easy questions than at competing with the wizards. I've used but never written a macro that needed \makeatletter.
- Mathematics 75k 75k 55 gold badges8686 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Academia 18.9k 18.9k 4343 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 8.8k 8.8k 33 gold badges3636 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 3.5k 3.5k 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 759 759 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 130 A way to directly see that the interior angles of triangle sum to $180^\circ$?
- 95 Why can't the second fundamental theorem of calculus be proved in just two lines?
- 91 If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?
- 84 My PhD defense is next week and I am having negative thoughts about my work and knowledge. Any advice on how to tackle this?
- 83 Asking questions in class: how can I "exit" a Q&A when I haven't really understood?
- 78 Conjectures (or intuitions) that turned out wrong in an interesting or useful way
- 75 Graduate student with abysmal English writing skills, how to help
- View more network posts →