Mostly retired mathematician trying to help where I can: soft questions, elementary number theory, philosophy (differentials and infinitesimals), algebra newbies.
In TeX I tend to try to answer my own questions myself (often with ugly hacks!) so don't ask many here. As an answerer I'm better at do-it-outside-TeX and at helping newbies with easy questions than at competing with the wizards. I've used but never written a macro that needed \makeatletter.
Member for 8 years
4 profile views
Last seen Mar 17 '20 at 19:09
- Mathematics 72.1k 72.1k 55 gold badges8484 silver badges161161 bronze badges
- Academia 15.7k 15.7k 3535 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 8.7k 8.7k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 3.1k 3.1k 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 759 759 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 129 A way to directly see that the interior angles of triangle sum to $180^\circ$?
- 92 Why can't the second fundamental theorem of calculus be proved in just two lines?
- 88 If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?
- 84 My PhD defense is next week and I am having negative thoughts about my work and knowledge. Any advice on how to tackle this?
- 83 Asking questions in class: how can I "exit" a Q&A when I haven't really understood?
- 76 Conjectures (or intuitions) that turned out wrong in an interesting or useful way
- 75 Graduate student with abysmal English writing skills, how to help
- View more network posts →