David the expat sez: "Stack Exchange Rocks!" so, let Stack Exchange be Stack Exchange.
My goal is to spend less time in my "...snow white cube containing only the bare necessities, a computer, and a large library of treatises, maps, and precise scale models*."
Member for 4 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 30 '20 at 6:41
- Space Exploration 122.8k 122.8k 3838 gold badges330330 silver badges10111011 bronze badges
- Astronomy 26.4k 26.4k 66 gold badges5353 silver badges159159 bronze badges
- Earth Science 7k 7k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.7k 6.7k 2626 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Chemistry 6.4k 6.4k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 150 How did the Apollo computers evaluate transcendental functions like sine, arctangent, log?
- 106 What makes Ada the language of choice for the ISS's safety-critical systems?
- 96 What aspects of image preparation workflows can lead to accidents like Boris Johnson's No. 10 tweet's 'hidden message'?
- 87 If a massive object like Jupiter flew past the Earth how close would it need to come to pull people off of the surface?
- 84 Are there any satellites in geosynchronous but not geostationary orbits?
- 81 How much bigger could Earth be, before rockets wouldn't work?
- 80 What can the KSP game actually teach about spaceflight and orbital mechanics, and what are its limitations?
- View more network posts →