Very mature PhD student, returning to study mathematical statistics over 40 years after graduating (MA, MMath) from Cambridge. Researching prior elicitation in extreme value modelling.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Member for 3 years, 3 months
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 23 at 22:58
- English Language Learners 5.4k 5.4k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.5k 3.5k 66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Academia 3.2k 3.2k 77 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 281 281 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 255 255 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 95 What's a polite way of asking "who are you?" on the phone?
- 63 "Not funny 'ha-ha'", what does Siri mean?
- 49 "Within the month" vs "Within a month" is there a difference?
- 46 Is it normal to have a hard time comprehending academic papers?
- 41 Is there a word for food that's gone 'bad', but is still edible?
- 19 Giving a career talk in my old university, how prominently should I tell students my salary?
- 19 A word for 'calculator' (the old meaning)
- View more network posts →