Professor Emeritus of Statistics and Mathematics. Early 80s, mainly retired; teaching occasional senior and graduate courses. Limited participation on this site through March '20; teaching.
Current academic interests: probability simulation, statistical graphics, nonparametric tests, Bayesian interval estimation.
San Francisco Bay Area
Member for 3 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 25 '17 at 22:10
Top network posts
- 23 If a credible interval has a flat prior, is a 95% confidence interval equal to a 95% credible interval?
- 21 Why do we need an estimator to be consistent?
- 19 Why does independence imply zero correlation?
- 16 What exactly is a seed in a random number generator?
- 15 Probability of rolling a double $6$ with two dice
- 12 Grant "pre-approval" issue
- 12 Why is a mixture of two normally distributed variables only bimodal if their means differ by at least two times the common standard deviation?
- View more network posts →