I am a full professor and former associate department head in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I regularly serve on my department's promotions and tenure, faculty recruiting, and graduate admissions committees. I make sausage, but (sadly) not literally. My pronouns are he/him/his, but they/them/their is also grammatically correct.
Member for 8 years, 7 months
154 profile views
Last seen Sep 12 at 17:50
- Academia 94.1k 94.1k 1414 gold badges216216 silver badges378378 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 22.4k 22.4k 99 gold badges9090 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- Computer Science 8.2k 8.2k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Area 51 681 681 11 gold badge1111 bronze badges
- Mathematics 500 500 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 480 How should I deal with becoming discouraged as a graduate student?
- 262 Whether to tell his prospective employer that a new male post doc opposes affirmative action for women in academia?
- 222 University rank/stature - How much does it affect one's career post-Ph.D?
- 196 Stating surprise about another researcher in my talk
- 169 Why would an academic write a textbook for free?
- 149 What does first authorship really mean?
- 142 Super Mario Galaxy problem
- View more network posts →