I've been working with map projections and datum transformations for years, including in ArcView GIS, ArcInfo 7 and up, MapObjects, and ArcGIS. I'm a member of the Geodesy subcommittee of the Geomatics committee of the International Organisation of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) which maintains the EPSG Geodetic Parameter Registry.
Beyond work, I read a lot of fantasy and science fiction.
Member for 8 years, 6 months
7 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 at 18:17
- Geographic Information Systems 17.7k 17.7k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Travel 7.5k 7.5k 11 gold badge3030 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Expatriates 2.5k 2.5k 1010 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Academia 2.3k 2.3k 1818 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.3k 2.3k 1515 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 50 What is the line crossing the Pacific Ocean that is shown on maps?
- 39 Displaying coordinates and inputs as LatLon or LonLat?
- 36 How do I differentiate between addressing two professors with the same last name?
- 34 Sci-fi short stories where the title had the word "box" in it
- 34 Identifying Coordinate System of Shapefile when Unknown?
- 31 What makes a MXD file size larger and how to decrease its size?
- 30 Do ArcGIS SpatialReference object factory codes correspond with EPSG numbers?
- View more network posts →