I weave chainmail in my spare time, play piano, dance, and play video games.
In case you want my opinion on some things:
- Oracle TimesTen is a monster. Holy crap though, it is blazingly fast.
- Guice is a beast which should only be used when you never want people to know where data is coming from. It could be justified by testing, but for the love of all that is holy QUIT MAKING SO MANY MODULES. You need like, 3, for a medium-sized project.
- Mockito is amazing <3
- MySQL performs like a drunken elephant, but it's free and easy to use. Also, it's workbench is very nice, and I like it.
- It is frustrating that most Linux developers act like Linux is the default environment for computers. If Linux is so superior, then why can't it (or at least most of the main utilities for Linux) handle even the most basic crap like a CRLF? Why don't people make many good video games for it? Is it more secure, or do Linux users just tend to actually follow basic security protocols?
- If you complain about Java 8+ memory management, you are probably using it wrong.
Member for 4 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jan 17 '20 at 23:08
- Worldbuilding 3.6k 3.6k 1111 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.2k 2.2k 1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1k 1k 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 529 529 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 63 Why would two humanoid species be physically unable to touch each other?
- 46 If the Dominion rule using their Jem'Hadar troops, why is their life expectancy so low?
- 36 How would a Dictatorship make a country more successful?
- 33 Did anyone ever remark on or explain Nog's small stature?
- 32 Why are people surprised that Hogwarts is non-apparateable?
- 32 Can a laser in outer space really appear as visible "bullets"?
- 29 A law against selling any house cheaper than it was bought for, what consequences would that have?
- View more network posts →