I just completed my first year at the University of Chicago, where I studied Real Analysis and Computability Theory. I have also studied at the University of Kansas, including a graduate Commutative Algebra course. My mathematical interests lie primarily in this field and in dynamical systems, particularly systems of billiards in polygons and the Triangular Billiards Conjecture. I am currently working on a paper on the TBC as part of an REU program, and so far have learned that it makes for unusually poor small talk at parties.
Member for 9 years
2 profile views
Last seen May 14 '14 at 19:37
- Mathematics 56.7k 56.7k 77 gold badges118118 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Academia 923 923 11 gold badge88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 861 861 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Skeptics 411 411 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 353 353 11 gold badge22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 391 The Ring Game on $K[x,y,z]$
- 123 Why is $\infty \cdot 0$ not clearly equal to $0$?
- 89 The Monty Hall problem
- 77 Gerrymandering on a high-genus surface/can I use my powers for evil?
- 65 Is it possible that "A counter-example exists but it cannot be found"
- 63 Is there any difference between mapping and function?
- 60 why geometric multiplicity is bounded by algebraic multiplicity?
- View more network posts →