Mathematician (research and teaching).
- PhD (2006) from the UK;
- post-doctoral positions (2006-2010) in Canada;
- tenure-track position (2010-2014) in Canada;
- currently (2014-present) Lecturer in Pure Mathematics at Lancaster University, England.
Personal bugbear: inadvertent claims or assumptions that one's experience is universal.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Member for 5 years
61 profile views
Last seen Apr 14 at 4:32
- MathOverflow 22.5k 22.5k 77 gold badges5757 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- Academia 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 251 251 11 gold badge22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Travel 105 105 44 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 176 Not especially famous, long-open problems which anyone can understand
- 89 Geometric interpretation of trace
- 71 Which journals publish expository work?
- 64 Eigenvalues of matrix sums
- 43 I filled the crucial gap; co-authors did the rest–who should be first author?
- 40 How to respond to journal suggestion we get a native-speaker editor when writing seems reasonable and one author is a native English speaker?
- 32 Is the set of primes "translation-finite"?
- View more network posts →