Member for 10 years, 10 months
Last seen more than a week ago
If you would like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please feel free to send me an invite. However, please invest a few words about just why you would like to do so. If all I get is the canned LinkedIn connection email, I'm likely to ignore it. Thank you!
My opinion on Stack Exchange (the company) is permanently lower than in the first few years I generated free content for it. For details, look at my "Reinstate Monica" post at Meta.CrossValidated. And yes, this still holds multiple years later.
- I create software to forecast retail sales and calculate order proposals. Lots of time series, with an emphasis on fast, automatic and robust data cleansing and forecasting. My main responsibility is the algorithmic and statistical aspects of the SAP Unified Demand Forecast, SAP's forecasting engine for the retail sector.
- I'm a Deputy Editor for the practitioner-oriented forecasting journal Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting published by the International Institute of Forecasters.
- I'm an Honorary Researcher at the Centre for Marketing Analytics and Forecasting at Lancaster University Management School.
- I'm a Fellow of the International Institute of Forecasters.
- I authored, with Enno Siemsen, an accessible forecasting textbook: Demand Forecasting for Managers (2016), by Business Expert Press.
- A much expanded later book is Demand Forecasting for Executives and Professionals (2023), with Bahman Rostami-Tabar and Enno Siemsen, published by Routledge/CRC Press. This book is freely available and will be continuously updated at https://dfep.netlify.app/.
- My ORCID is 0000-0001-9393-0765.
- My main tool is the statistical computing environment R.