I am an old philosopher, pirate, castaway living on Monkey Island. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, what color is the tree?
- Academia 10.7k 10.7k 99 gold badges5050 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Earth Science 645 645 22 gold badges66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 526 526 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 483 483 22 gold badges44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 104 When someone cites one of your papers, is it a good idea to send an email to the authors to show appreciation?
- 80 Stay in academia or become professor without overworking, is it possible?
- 67 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 53 Colleague stole my work and is publishing it as his own; my PhD supervisor supports him; I got the paper to review. How to proceed?
- 42 Has there ever been a strike of peer reviewers?
- 31 Why are textbook authors often not the most famous/cited researchers?
- 30 Why do non-governmental organizations tend to publish non peer-reviewed "grey" literature?
- View more network posts →
This user doesn’t have any gold badges yet.