- trained: signal analysis & image processing (information enhancement, adaptive filtering, denoising, data compression, restoration, deconvolution, wavelets and filter banks, optimization),
- involved: basic statistics, visualization & data science,
- curious: language, words, epistemology, puns.
Driven by applications, especially the extraction of weak signals in noise: geophysics/geosciences, analytical chemistry, engine control and simulation, materials analysis, and bioinformatics.
- Signal Processing 27k 27k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- Mathematics 6k 6k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Academia 4.7k 4.7k 99 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 2k 2k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 98 What is the word for always YES (100%) or always NO (0%), never in-between
- 64 What is the difference between "equivariant to translation" and "invariant to translation"
- 55 Is there any integral for the Golden Ratio?
- 52 Is deep learning killing image processing/computer vision?
- 35 Examples of problems that are easier in the infinite case than in the finite case.
- 33 Why does topology rarely come up outside of topology?
- 30 Is there a "positive" definition for irrational numbers?
- View more network posts →