I am quantitative ecologist by day and a hobbyist programmer by night. I primarily use
R for stats and enjoy exploratory data analysis with
ggplot2. I've also begun teaching myself Python for
GIS work. I use
write typeset documents. I guess I consider myself more of a "quant" rather than programmer, but I generally enjoy programming. I use
emacs as my editor.
When not on a computer, I enjoy reading, cycling, kayaking, scuba diving, and most outdoor activities.
La Crosse, WI
Member for 4 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 23 at 17:19
- Academia 5.8k 5.8k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.2k 2.2k 66 gold badges1919 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 249 249 44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Biology 201 201 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 191 191 77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 127 Gift for mentor after his thesis defense?
- 50 Can one demand to see code used to generate an article?
- 45 With Beall's List gone, how can I tell if a journal is spam?
- 34 Grades are too high for the department - what should I do?
- 31 What is the point of a cover letter in journal submission?
- 26 What is the meaning of "To appear" for submitted papers
- 23 How do non-LaTeX users handle citations?
- View more network posts →