I am quantitative ecologist by day and a hobbyist programmer by night. I primarily use
R for stats and enjoy exploratory data analysis with
ggplot2. I've also begun teaching myself Python for
GIS work. I use
write typeset documents. I guess I consider myself more of a "quant" rather than programmer, but I generally enjoy programming. I use
emacs as my editor.
When not on a computer, I enjoy reading, cycling, kayaking, scuba diving, and most outdoor activities.
La Crosse, WI
Member for 6 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen Jan 20 at 14:14
- Academia 8.9k 8.9k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.4k 2.4k 88 gold badges2222 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 396 396 11 gold badge55 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Biology 201 201 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 191 191 88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 128 Gift for mentor after his thesis defense?
- 61 Can I put an invited talk on my CV if the conference was canceled?
- 58 Graduate student with abysmal English writing skills, how to help
- 53 How do I identify predatory and low quality journals? With Beall's List gone, how can I tell if a journal is spam?
- 51 Can one demand to see code used to generate an article?
- 34 Grades are too high for the department - what should I do?
- 31 What is the point of a cover letter in journal submission?
- View more network posts →