I am a scientist at Raytheon BBN Technologies and the University of Iowa. My research focuses on analyzing and engineering complex aggregates, such as engineered and natural cells, genetic regulatory networks, sensor networks, and robot swarms. Apparently, I also enjoy talking about scientific life with others online.
Folks interested in Synthetic Biology, please commit at the SynBio.SE Area51 proposal!
A hopefully useful talk that I gave: Surviving Life as a Researcher
- Academia 168k 168k 3636 gold badges605605 silver badges863863 bronze badges
- Biology 1.5k 1.5k 44 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- The Workplace 841 841 66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Area 51 436 436 11 silver badge1212 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 415 415 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 194 Referee says the proof is wrong, but it is not, what to do?
- 159 Cannot present paper at conference. Instructor wants to move me to second author
- 150 Cheated on an exam when I was eight years old. Should I tell graduate admissions?
- 144 Is it ethical to limit marks based upon past performance?
- 129 Is it unethical/unscientific to omit outlier data in a publication when they are in FAVOR of your argument?
- 126 Can I add a baby as a co-author of a scientific paper, to protest against co-authors who haven't made any contribution?
- 121 Is it OK to update code on repository after publication?
- View more network posts →