Q: What do you do for a living?
A: I'm a metrologist
Q: So, what's the weather like?
Q: You said you are a meteorologist, isn't it? So, is it going to rain?
A: Hey, no, wait... I said I'm a metrologist: I measure things, no weather forecast.
Q: Why do you measure things?
A: Because things need to be measured, from time to time.
Q: What kind of things do you measure?
A: Mm, well, mm... maybe it's going to rain, after all.
Member for 6 years, 8 months
295 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
- Academia♦ 48.2k 48.2k 1616 gold badges148148 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Physics 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics 674 674 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematica 557 557 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 309 Only one student answered an exam question - and I strongly suspect he cheated
- 232 If I receive written permission to use content from a paper without citing, is it plagiarism?
- 157 What to do about students who miss my lectures and then want me to repeat entire material?
- 134 What to do with someone that cheated their way through university and a PhD program?
- 133 How to respond to a company that wants specific details on implementation of my PhD research?
- 132 Editor asks for π to be written in roman
- 123 Supervisor does not allow use of commercial software for student project, against student's interests
- View more network posts →