I am retired from teaching computing at a university in Georgia. Now I teach computing one day at a time to elementary and middle school kids. When I'm not doing that, I enjoy cooking, reading, and wine tasting.
I taught because it's rewarding to help students have the "Aha! experience," and that happened several times each term. It made me feel really good to help others learn the things that I know and to learn new things myself in the process.
- Academia 22k 22k 1010 gold badges6464 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Information Security 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge88 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 792 792 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Computer Science Educators 297 297 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 107 Academic Misconduct with alternate exam? Minimizing damage?
- 89 Asking an exam question that requires a specific technique
- 85 Dean will not tell me what upcoming meeting is about. What do I do?
- 80 How old can references or sources in a thesis be?
- 79 Accidentally addressed lecturer as Mrs instead of Ms
- 75 Would I get into trouble if I give out "too many" A grades?
- 74 Writing someone else's master's thesis: Unethical and illegal?
- View more network posts →