“But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us that when the storm is long past the ocean is flat again." (Keynes)
Member for 5 years, 6 months
5 profile views
Last seen Oct 5 at 19:53
- Mathematics 19.4k 19.4k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges8282 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Academia 801 801 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Information Security 623 623 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 369 369 11 gold badge22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 95 'Obvious' theorems that are actually false
- 63 Is there a short contains function for lists?
- 47 Why is uniqueness important for PDEs?
- 45 Can a number have infinitely many digits before the decimal point?
- 36 Is it bad to have cameras using a static IP address?
- 31 "What if" math joke: the derivative of $\ln(x)^e$
- 26 Python Convert fraction to decimal
- View more network posts →