“But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us that when the storm is long past the ocean is flat again." (Keynes)
Member for 7 years
5 profile views
Last seen Oct 5 '19 at 19:53
- Mathematics 20.2k 20.2k 44 gold badges3838 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.7k 4.7k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Academia 820 820 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Information Security 673 673 11 gold badge55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 419 419 11 gold badge33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 105 'Obvious' theorems that are actually false
- 67 Is there a short contains function for lists?
- 47 Why is uniqueness important for PDEs?
- 46 Can a number have infinitely many digits before the decimal point?
- 41 Is it bad to have cameras using a static IP address?
- 34 Why can't I call read() twice on an open file?
- 32 Python Convert fraction to decimal
- View more network posts →