Professor of Mathematics at Grand Valley State University. Writer and speaker on teaching and learning issues in higher education. Lapsed mathematician with dormant interests in category theory, topology, and algebra. Lucy, Penelope, and Harrison's dad.
Top network posts
- 54 Profs who have done a full year sabbatical overseas with a family: How did you make it work?
- 24 Why don't all teachers use clickers?
- 23 Is there an alternative to traditional exams?
- 14 Why should I use LaTeX for presentations?
- 14 mentioning MOOC's I took in my scholarship application
- 13 What to do with students who think they "already know it," but actually don't?
- 13 How to begin a class with humor
- View more network posts →