Baltimore, MD, USA
Member for 2 years, 7 months
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers (but I don't mind they/them -- don't stress out!)
I approve of using indicated pronouns; I disapprove of SE (1) firing a Jewish Moderator right before high holidays with no notice and (2) slandering her as a bigot in newspapers.
I just am trying to make it easier to document our organization-specific applications for JAWS users (a screen-reader), MAGic users (a screen magnifier), and Dragon Command Users (often mobility impaired users). Most of our end-users are keyboard-only.
We're normally stuck in Microsoft Office, but we are expanding to some DAISY Digital Audio Book format (See http://www.daisy.org/z3986/structure/SG-DAISY3/part2-major.html)
My goal is to simplify the documentation process by improving our templates, creating macros, and automating anything possible!
I'm working on my "podcast empire" -- as of today (May 7, 2019), things are still being migrated & set up, but 2 major portions coming into being are 1) Alphabetical April (5 minute writing snippets) and 2) Pact (by wildbow) Liveread and Audiobook. The Liveread is Tuesdays/Thursdays, 8PM EDST on http://mixlr.com/write-o-rama (archived on the showreel on Mixlr, but also distributed (soon) as a regular podcast. The Edited Audiobook will be a few weeks delayed behind that, but also a podcast.
Update as of Oct 1 -- Depression strikes again -- no updates, only one episode of ABC April is out. Sorry.
Update Oct 24: And apparently I lost my URL -- depression = missing renewal deadlines. sigh.
- Writing 4.6k 4.6k 99 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3k 3k 99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- The Workplace 710 710 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Academia 666 666 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 581 581 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 97 Why is SE removing links and community ads about a legal fund campaign?
- 59 Please Join Us in Welcoming Our New Meta Stack Exchange Moderators!
- 49 Checking in with "*Monica*" users
- 40 How can I find an old paper when the usual methods fail?
- 34 What do you call the main part of a joke?
- 26 How much character growth crosses the line into breaking the character
- 24 Is it expected that a reader will skip parts of what you write?
- View more network posts →