I'm a researcher in satellite remote sensing at the Deutscher Wetterdienst in Offenbach, Hessen, Germany. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as my work is related to academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
When using a personal pronoun to refer to me in English, I prefer the pronoun he/him/his. I will not feel offended if you use another pronoun of your choice.
Profile photo by Dobromila, CC By-SA, via Wikimedia Commons
- Travel 48.6k 48.6k 1515 gold badges130130 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Politics 38.5k 38.5k 1212 gold badges107107 silver badges234234 bronze badges
- Academia 38.5k 38.5k 1414 gold badges117117 silver badges194194 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 24.8k 24.8k 1111 gold badges7676 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Skeptics 17.2k 17.2k 1616 gold badges7676 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 215 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 194 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 132 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 122 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →