I'm a retired programmer, computer architect, and long time contributor to USENET, especially comp.lang.java.programmer.
I'm now learning web application writing for fun, so I expect to need a lot of answers. I'll try to contribute as well.
San Diego, CA
Member for 6 years, 2 months
2 profile views
Last seen Nov 26 '19 at 18:45
- Academia 29.7k 29.7k 1414 gold badges5252 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- The Workplace 26.3k 26.3k 55 gold badges5353 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 23.9k 23.9k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Travel 10.9k 10.9k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 2.3k 2.3k 88 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 403 Is 8:00 AM an unreasonable time to meet with my graduate students and post-doc?
- 314 Did I overreact to my boss asking me to get him coffee?
- 274 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 179 A student keeps using a native language while asking questions in the class when the course is taught in English
- 168 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 158 Professor expects me to attend a conference. I can't afford to go,even with 50% funding
- 157 How can I deal with managers that refuse to accept use of common software engineering design patterns?
- View more network posts →