citations - What is the Latin term "pace" used for when referencing other scholars? - Academia Stack Exchange

However, I can imagine that some authors simply use pace for variation from "contrary to" without this particular nuance (essentially as suggested in the comments). (As may be clear from my question, this was in the field of linguistics and written by an author with an exceptional sensitivity to the finer nuances of language.)

When I click "suggested in the comments", I don't see comment. Just question. This comment deleted? Can you post it thanks?

1 Answer 1


The comment did not include any new information. I removed the reference.

In the future, if you see something like this, please just flag it for moderator attention as only moderators can see deleted comments anyway.

You must log in to answer this question.