I think it's clear from the Help and actual questions/answers here that questions about the academic side of research are on topic. However, are questions about research administration on topic?
By "research administration" I mean things like:
- Interpreting uniform guidance regarding things like allowed costs for federal grants
- Submitting or preparing grant applications
- The IRB approval process and standards
- Disclosing industry partnerships and conflicts of interest
- How to handle intellectual property and business interests that stem from research
It's less clear to me whether these are on topic. On one hand, they are related to academic research. On the other hand, the Help says this site is appropriate for academics and these questions may be more appropriate for people with professional experience in research administration, rather than academics themselves.