This question already has an answer here:
- Academia Community Polls 15 answers
Do we have any information about user demographics, such as:
(1) Fraction of early-career/mid-career/senior academicians,
(2) Fraction of doctoral students/University professors/scientists at research labs etc.
(3) Broad demographics on research areas (social sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, biological sciences etc.)
(1) and (2) will help users get a better person time of what type of questions to ask, how to word them, and judge how representative these may be.
(3) will help users decide if this is the right place to ask certain questions that may be specific to some fields.
If no such data is available,
is it possible to carry out a voluntary, anonymous poll of members to get these and similar demographics?