I can notice that the leftmost is MIT, the tallest one is UCBerkeley, but I couldn't figure out others. May be the second one from left is Cambridge.

  • 2
    They're just buildings that look like they might be typical university buildings. Many universities have a clock tower, for example, not only UC Berkeley.
    – ff524
    Commented Oct 10, 2016 at 17:14
  • @ff524 Still no one can deny that leftmost depicts MIT
    – ankit
    Commented Oct 10, 2016 at 17:16
  • 4
    You mean the one with columns? Again, many universities have such buildings. See e.g. Columbia University.
    – ff524
    Commented Oct 10, 2016 at 17:17
  • Cambridge, England or Cambridge, USA? Both are home to famous universities.
    – gerrit
    Commented Oct 10, 2016 at 18:34
  • 1
    @gerrit yes, but for all I know the universities in Cambridge, MA are usually not referred to as "Cambridge." (Furthermore, one of them was already mentioned separately.)
    – quid
    Commented Oct 10, 2016 at 20:01
  • To be more precise, they look a lot like the average USA-centric image of a university. Commented Nov 7, 2016 at 8:40

1 Answer 1


I do not think that the buildings are intended to represent particular universities, instead the are just fictional buildings that look like university buildings.

You can read more about this in the post where the designers explained their design UPDATED (APRIL 14): Design for Academia.se

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .