We have some questions about the minimum language requirements and also the English tests the results of which are required to be sent by students to the universities for their admissions.

We have and tags, but regarding the questions which are about language testing but not about those two tests, such as

Is the Cambridge Certificate of English accepted in US?

we don't have a tag to cover questions about language tests and certificates other than toefl or ielts.

Is it a good idea to create a tag entitled to cover questions with following scopes and possibly merge the and tags into it?

  1. Questions about English language tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, etc.
  2. Questions about non-English language tests
  3. Questions about the English tests which are designed by universities

1 Answer 1


I am in favor of making and synonyms of .

But, I believe the appropriate way to enact this is to propose it as a tag synonym. If the synonym gets enough upvotes from users, it is activated automatically.

  • I just wanted to first ask it here to make sure it is relevant. Because I did not want to propose an irrelevant tag synonym...
    – enthu
    Oct 22, 2014 at 10:37
  • @Enthusiastic I'm not saying that it was inappropriate to bring it up for discussion here, just that the best way to enact it would be via tag synonyms.
    – ff524
    Oct 22, 2014 at 10:40
  • OK. I will propose a tag synonym.
    – enthu
    Oct 22, 2014 at 10:44
  • I proposed ielts and toefl tags as synonyms of the language-exams tag. Could you please up-vote them?
    – enthu
    Mar 23, 2015 at 9:04

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .